I know quite some people were intrested to learn more about ACE which stands for Access Control Engine and which you can see as an additional security layer on top of you normal SAP CRM Authorizations setup (the latter part is based on your authorization objects).
As there are quite some good other blogposts out there about this topic, I am not going to reinvent the wheel.
Furthermore this setup is only partly a functional job (some customizing) and more development so not really my domain of expertise.
If you are intrested, you can find back following information:
- Wiki Page on SDN about ACE (articles were written by Ravikiran Chittum) and you'll also find a presentation made by SAP itself on this topic
- SAP Help Information on this topic
- How ACE (Access Control Engine) works (great post made by Pieter Rijlaarsdam)
- Access Control Engine (ACE) design considerations for SAP CRM 7.0
- Configuration & Implementation of CRM Access Control Engine (ACE) - great article written by Naval Bhatt
- The concept and implementation of CRM-ACE - great post made by a friend Boris Dingenouts whom I collaborated with at a previous customer in the past
I guess if you have had a look at these great online posts I assume you should grasp the concept on Access Control Engine.
SAP University Team