Hi, in this post I'll quickly show you how you can start testing the functionalities and look and feel of a SAP CRM business role. The reason why you might want to do so, is because you started out a new SAP CRM project, and based on the Request for Proposal you have an idea about which standard SAP Business role most of the required functionalities are available in. Without needing to really customize your own customer specific business role, you just want to launch let's say the standard SALESPRO or SERVICEPRO business role.
At a real go-live, in most companies I have been involved implementing SAP CRM the
approach(es) for assigning a certain business role to and End-user are:
1) via the assignment of the employee in the organisational model
2) via the PFCG role assignd to the users SU01 master record (the one you also have defined in business role customizing)
3) via the SU01 User PARAMETER CRM_UI_PROFILE
Now being a consultant, and to really get a quickstart in testing out the functionalities of a specific business role, I am what concerns this article referring to the 3d option, so using the parameter CRM_UI_PROFILE.
How to use this:
1) you should know the name of the business role(s) you want to give a test-run
2) in the SAPGUI, launch the transaction code SU3 (normally everyone get's the authorization rights to use this transaction code) - assuming you did not get SU01 authorization access on the development sytem.
3) The values for this User Parameter you can maintain are either:
- a business role name
Launch the transaction code SU3:
Click on the tabpage "Parameters" and fill out the parameter name "CRM_UI_PROFILE" and add the value * (asterisk)
If I now logon in the CRM WEBUI, I will (normally) see a list of all business roles defined in the SAP CRM system. I can click on one from this list and start testing that particular business role.
Remark: I am in this case of course assuming you have the necessary authorizations in the first place.
Example 2: I already know the name of a particular business role I want to test.
In this case, instead of putting the Value *¨in the User Parameter, I enter e.g. the business role name SALESPRO.
When now logging on in the SAP CRM WEBUI, I do not get a selection list to choose from , but immediately launch the SAP CRM WEB UI using that particular business role.
Using the CTRL+ALT+F2 button combination, you can see I am actually logged in with the business role SALESPRO.
Remark: as you will read below in the comments you OBVIOUSLY also need to have the "right" PFCG authorization roles to actually be able to do anything!! Assignment of a BUSINESS role is 1 thing, assigning of corresponding authorization roles/values another thing.